Meet our new addition.

>> Friday, October 12, 2012

The boys have been asking for a dog for years. I kept saying when you're 8 years old. When he was 8 he stated, "Okay I'm 8 can we have a dog now". I said, "Did I say when you are 8? That's a mistake. I meant when you are 10". Now that he is going to be 10, I couldn't prolong what seemed to be the inevitable. So as a family, we went to a pet shelter and the boys fell in love with a kitten, with hopes of getting a dog at a later date.

Here he is. We are still figuring out his name. Should we use his original name Ty, or the undecided names from the boys, Butterscotch or Kit Kat. For now, I keep calling him a "she" and the simple name "kitty". Either way she opps, he seems as happy as rain in early spring.

Kitty checking things out.

Hiding from the paparazzi.

Asleep on my lap.

2 comments:

Unknown October 17, 2012 at 2:47 PM  

He's got really big ears. I am just entertaining the idea of getting a dog. M is less enthused.

The Adviser October 23, 2012 at 10:02 AM  

The children will love a dog. This may be the way he ends up becoming enthusiastic about the dog and even loving him. Or you may do what we did, and go in looking for a dog but leaving with a cat ; )When you do decide; adopt.