The Love Dare V

>> Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I must say I have really enjoyed covering this book and I am tempted to continue but I must move on. It's really hard to discontinue quoting this marvelous material especially at the highlight of the book. Of course with this sample, a fresh view into married life, hopefully has you intrigued into buying the book. The book is a 40 day journal. There is also a one year journal for newly wed couples.

The book increases your chances for connectivity with your spouse finally "getting you", so have them read a copy as well. Now even if they do not read the book, no worries, the change in you from the new concepts learned will produce a change in how you "inter" and "intra" behave in the marriage, that they are led to change as well. Honestly, I have seen quite a change in how I see myself in my own marriage.

It really has been a pleasure reviewing this book. I hope you will continue to join me as I finish the Love Dare for my own committed relationship and begin to cover other new, interesting and useful material for you. So here are my last quote entries:

"Love helps you to install air bags and set up guardrails in your relationship."
"Fighting fair means changing your weapons. disagreeing with dignity. It should result in building a bridge instead of burning one down."
"Honor-To honor someone means to give them respect and high esteem, to treat them special and of great worth. When you speak with them you keep your language clean and understandable. You are courteous, and polite. When they speak to you, you take them serious, giving their words weight and significance...you accommodate them if at all possible, simply out of respect for who they are."
"Holy-Holiness means they are set apart for a higher purpose, no longer common or every day but special and unique. A person who has become holy to you (as in holy matrimony) has a place no one can rival in your heart. He or she is sacred to you, a person to be honored, praised, and defended."

2 comments:

Unknown February 18, 2010 at 11:01 PM  

Well, I only read one chapter so far in the last two weeks. I know it's supposed to be a daily journal. I'm not too big on the "follow these 14 steps to marital bliss" kind of stuff. I know there are a lot of good lessons in the book and plan to read it to learn some but I'm not crazy about the "daily" thing. I plan to read it a little at a time taking what I can from each chapter (I'm picky with my food too).

The Adviser February 19, 2010 at 4:35 PM  

Sounds good. I suspect that a few chapters into the book and you will go from a carrot stick sampler to a steak and potatoes dinner:)