For the Love of Skype!

>> Saturday, January 22, 2011




For the Love of Skype!

Although my field is mental health, I had an opportunity to work as an Administrative Assistant which I thought would be the death of me. I am used to running around and in positions where I am running my own program. So as many Americans have experienced, "I need a job" and what you did before or what you attain to, must sometimes be derailed. Good thing as I learned skills I would have never learned if I hadn't been laid off. I was surprised to even love my supervisor who is extremely hard line. Anyway, I was working in a computer department of a college. I became pretty savvy with the whole programs, brands, companies and technology of the future. So this was four years of keeping that place on a tight reign. I'm so surprised that now no one will hire me in this position, as I was sooo good at my job. I surprised myself.

One of the things I discovered was all those in supervisory positions were Skyping. My husband is a brilliant man in the same field and one day came home with a Skype account. I was not technologically hungry to use it. It was nice just having it and being in the "upper techy crowd". He Skyped the way you would with the phone and at that time he did not know many users outside his work relationships. After he got me an account he set up an account for his family members. Even his mother was Skyping! So we started talking through Skype more regularly and he made mine automated (it pops up automatically, I do not need to log in or click buttons). This brings me to the point of my post. My husband went away on a three day consultation with a company in Virginia Beach. We are not away from each other that long, that often. "On his way out the door he said don't worry, I'll Skpe you". I said, "Oh yeah", with a smile of relief. Sure enough he Skyped me. We spoke often. He even gave me a tour of the hotel and beach. It was nice. The children were able to say goodnight each night and tell them about their day. My husband is back and I had his favorite meal ready when he came home.

Now I love Skype. I saw it's necessity in my life. The reason for all technology. I remember seeing visual communication on old sci-fi movies, who would have thought it would be here today at our disposal. Maybe one day blogs will go Skype. Wait that probably already exists-"Ahh for the love of Skype!"

9 comments:

Unknown January 25, 2011 at 7:57 AM  

We skype too when hubs goes away.

Unknown January 25, 2011 at 9:14 PM  

Hello "I need a job"- The Adviser

I love Skype too!
Skype me: cfsenterprises

I'm Chuck, I'm 57 years old, married 22 years, 3 great children, 2 cats and 2 dogs and 3 mortgages. My wife and I haven't had a job since 1989 and have never regretted our decision to start building income sources instead of continuing to work 50+ hours a week for a single source of income - a JOB - controlled by someone else.

We started building our sources of income in the restaurant business in 1989...had to borrow the $3,230 it cost us to buy in.

* THEN..we added in a nail salon,
* added in several small Internet incomes,
* added in 2 income rental properties,
* sold out of the restaurant business, 1997
* added in an employee risk management svc,
* added in a labor services business,
* added in an income tax preparation svc.,
* added in an assembly and delivery service,
* added in 3 more Internet incomes,
* always looking for more income sources.

You get my drift?

It's much safer to build multiple sources of income than it is to rely on a job; a single source of income, making money for someone else. Look at any unemployment office...if you need to see the proof.

That's my suggestion to you - Build MSI's (Multiple Sources of Income).

My wife and I enjoy helping others build their own MSI's and, if you're tired of just getting by, working for someone else, here's a link to a FREE Internet income source you can start building your own MSI's with today. It's free; a really simple home business that brings us monthly income and will do the same for you.

--> http://bit.ly/MYRSHB

Give it a go and start building your own MSI's .

--> http://bit.ly/MYRSHB

Charles S.
Alerts4.Howtomakemoney@Gmail.com
http://bit.ly/MYRSHB

PS Here's Two More Free Income Sources http://bit.ly/2FreeIncomeSources

Caren with a "C" January 31, 2011 at 3:42 AM  

I love SKpe for when my husband goes on business trips! He went to Japan and then to somewhere else in Asia for a week and the kids loved seeing him and his super tiny hotel room! lol

LisaDay January 31, 2011 at 8:02 AM  

My little guy loves talking on Skype. He now asks to talk on the computer, rather than talking on the phone.

Happy SITS day.

LisaDay

Penelope January 31, 2011 at 10:05 AM  

I Skyped but couldn't get the video to work. But we were able to talk to one another.

Unknown January 31, 2011 at 10:41 AM  

we have used other means of "video communication" if you will, lol but I should really set up a skype account---my hubby travels a lot! thanks! :)

Chanel January 31, 2011 at 1:43 PM  

We have only used skype a few times so that my daughter can say goodnight to me when I am at work. I wish I had a phone with a front-facing camera so that I could skype from my phone.

Jean w/ Typical Suburban Family January 31, 2011 at 9:00 PM  

LOVE Skype! We use it to communicate with family and friends that don't live near us. Makes them feel like they are part of the kids life on a daily basis when we can skype. PS - Happy SITS day!!! Congrats!

The Adviser January 31, 2011 at 11:21 PM  

Thank you all for visiting me I will return the favor. I really enjoyed today. You all made it very special. Thanks again. Keep Skype alive! (lol)