My Birthday

>> Thursday, December 16, 2010


My birthday will be coming and I am psyched as usual. I am not the typical woman who is concerned about getting old. I am so looking forward to being 101. (I am almost half way there). I love the idea of gray hair and beauty in age. I enjoy learning and gaining wisdom. I find it fascinating that what you once disapproved of in life, can turn to becoming more flexible on the same issue. What you are relaxed about now, can later turn into indignation.

Now that I am almost at my Silver Stage in life. I developed some ideas over the years. Call it knowledge if you like. I wrote them down in a journal book and thought this would be a great time to share them. I was being creative and wrote about 50 in a proverbs style of writing. I'll share only a few with you now.

Proverb by the Adviser (all rights are reserved and have been copyrighted)

1) No matter the capability of love nor the brilliance of intelligence, freedom of choice rules.

2) A gossip can never be befriended, neither a critique satisfied.

3) Morals are more precious than bars of gold.

4) True compliments are not from without but within.

5) The next time you make a promise, remember the universe was made with a word.

These are quotes I found that are amazing to me:

-I believe in the sun even when it is not shining. I believe in love even when I feel it not. I believe in God even when He is silent. *Written on a wall in a concentration camp.

-"When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." Paulo Coelho

-"Nothing wastes the body more than worry. And anyone who has any faith in God should be ashamed to worry about anything whatsoever."Mahatma Gandhi

-The best way to find yourself is to loose yourself in the service of others. Mahatma Gandhi

3 comments:

Unknown December 16, 2010 at 3:48 PM  

Happy Birthday my dear.

But you make it sound like you're 50 - you're very far from 50. :-)

Losing Brownies December 16, 2010 at 4:56 PM  

Happy Birthday!!

The Adviser December 16, 2010 at 10:22 PM  

Thank you sooooo much ladies. Hugs and kisses.